From February 6 – February 28th, 2017 we opened up the draft of this voluntary oath for comments.
Our Advisory Board finalized the oath and we're letting individuals and companies become members of the Retouchers Accord.
Each member must take an oath and pay a sliding scale application fee (suggested $35) in order to join.
THE RETOUCHERS ACCORD OATH
I Pledge To:
1. Practice authenticity, integrity, and empathy in image-making, in order to lead by example.
2. Advance the understanding of healthy body image throughout the industry and in general public awareness.
3. Fuel a dialogue about authenticity, social impact, and diversity with my clients and partners.
4. Continually build upon my knowledge of authentic retouching techniques.
5. Proudly share my membership in the Retouchers Accord.
Want more information on what went into the oath, who participated and how we arrived are these five elements for the pledge?
Get our Symposium 1 Outcomes Document that gives the back story and takes the pulse of image-makers working today.